Opened since December 1985, Libra House consists of an Executive Director, an Administrative Assistant, four full-time employees, a part-time employee and between four and seven casual employees. Employees are unionized with Canadian Union of Public Employees (CUPE) and we are governed by a Board of Directors consisting of between five and eleven board members and supportive ex-officio members. We receive our funding from the Provincial Government through Labrador-Grenfell Health Association.
To best serve the women of our area, Libra House works co-operatively with a wide variety of other agencies and groups, including:
• Advanced Education and Skills
• Local Hospitals and Clinics
• Mental Health and Addictions Services
• Mokami Status of Women Council
• Melville Native Housing
• College of North Atlantic
• And Other Local Organizations
Call us today to learn about your options.